Monday 26 April 2010


Why, yes, Vista, my blog is far too image-heavy and in need of more of your reassuring white space! Always a pleasure when you take decisions about when I take a break from work into your own hands.

Watching: Enterprise season 3 - a lot better than I remember, though in my defence at the time I was more disappointed that the show was so derivative and significantly less than it could have been. What Trek needed at that point was the revamp treatment Battlestar Galactica would later get, rather than the reins handed to the producers responsible for creating the more insular and stilted installments of any given iteration of the franchise - basically, Trek needed guys like Naren Shankar, Ronald Moore and Manny Coto on staff from day one rather than later added in typical 'shit meets wall' fashion, as apart from a few mis-steps (soapbox moralising, an unconvincing lead) the third season was an objectively good sci-fi action series, albeit a very talky and poorly-characterised one that inexplicably thought that an episode where the main characters attempt to escape an exploding spaceship full of insane bloodthirsty zombies needed a b-plot where a Texan and an African-American sit in a small room and get along famously.
Stargate Universe - wow, it's like, so deep. He's, like, remembering his dying wife, which is like total pathos for him. This show is like so great because I have not seen any other sci-fi ever.
The Bridge - has outstayed its welcome. I'm not even bothered by the omnipresent, neverending and inappropriate incidental music, I'd just like to know what this show's supposed to be about. And Frank's secret meetings, which he apparently arranges in front of people, are increasingly hilarious for reasons I just can't fathom for the life of me.
CSI - "Some people would call a dead racist a good start" "Well we still have to call it murder" FUCK OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment