Tuesday 10 July 2012

When my baby's all hopped up on jazz, he don't remember nothin'.

Not been posting lately for various reasons, but mainly to do with my only working pc being the tablet I nabbed from Amazon because I thought 60 quid was too good to be true - it was.  It's fine for browsing, but not so great for running art apps and interfacing with Blogger.  I am forever saying that you get what you pay for when it comes to electronics, but the first flash of a cheapo gadget and common sense goes out the window...
Also laughably out of practice with drawing body langidge, it seems.  I need to hoke out some Rob Liefeld comics to see how it's done.
In the meantime I'll be watching more new Dallas, back on screens after a mere 20 year break since the last episode, barring some tv movies that the makers of the new show have helpfully ignored entirely because when you're continuing a series after a 20 year break the best way to start it off clean is to render non-canon the telemovies that resolved that cliffhanger where JR was tricked into shooting himself by Satan. The new version of the theme is deeply underwhelming, but you can't have everything.  The rest of it is reassuring trash about rich white folk fucking each other or fucking each other over, mind, and JR is still a great telly bastard even before you get to his being a racist oligarch and environmental rapist.  This shit is like peanut M&Ms - I just can't take one and then leave it, I have to keep going.



No comments:

Post a Comment