Friday 3 April 2015

I'm a'kick yo skinny white ass all up an' down this street if you don't stop kung-fuin' that man's throat

Chapter 19 and its attendant problems may also be viewed HERE with some word beans coming out of  faces and explaining what's supposed to be happening in case the visuals don't quite do the job.
I quite like this strip, actually, as Dredd almost looks the same from one panel to the next.  Inking, though?  All over the place.  I tried to use solid blacks sparingly on Dredd to emphasise him as being visually different from the Dredd imposter, and he only got inked with solid blacks when he was the only Dredd in the panel and/or when being angry badass Dredd, but I don't think it really came off in the end.  That last panel was originally just Dredd's chin jutting down from the top of the panel, but it looked stupid so I agreed to change it.
And so to the end of the Daily Dredd adventure.  Of the 60 panels drawn in this strip, I was happy with 18 of them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really loving your Dredd strips. I know I should've said it before, but I guess better late than never, right?

    I invite you to visit my blog (it's all comic book related):

    www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete