Wednesday 27 February 2013

If voting could change anything, it would be against the law

So Rob Liefeld wants you to write him a story... an offer that has obviously attracted the expected comments about submitting stories featuring grimacing, lots of pouches and no mention of feet - oh what hilarity!  I would probably join in if (a) this wasn't a chuffing great offer to make potential writers that would get their name and work under the noses of the editorial community a lot better than small press work would, especially in the current comics climate where companies are actually making it much harder for new creators to get into the industry rather than easier, and (b) I draw pretty whack feet myself and shan't blame anyone for cutting corners there.  Amusingly, though, draw better feet than I do those pointy sock-things that you see in superhero comics that are supposed to be boots or something - just cannot fucking draw them at all, I can't get my head around what they're supposed to be, or what they look like in three dimensions.  They're mental.

No comments:

Post a Comment