Monday 4 February 2013

so desperate for money I've snuck into fountains at night and stolen the wishes of children

I do not know if it is a good or bad thing that I have forgotten how to draw as badly as I used to, but I am nonetheless redrawing old comics in the style of my younger, less experienced hands to get those old comics ready for people to actually read, rather than just illustrating twenty pages of vaguely-linked scenes and calling it a story like I usually do when I want something to use for swapsies with other small pressers seeing as I don't actually have any money to pay for indy comics but still want to read them, especially now that I seem to be going off superhero comics again as I periodically do - though paradoxically, this seems to be when I end up attempting to make my own superhero comics with wilfully daft names like Turbo Katie or Cannibal Salad, even though I keep telling myself I'm supposed to be taking the drawing dead serious these days and shouldn't be mucking about with stuff that's clearly for a laugh like comics are fun or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment