Wednesday 22 June 2011

The thought of teaching intro lit to anyone who hasn’t read something more challenging than Harry fucking Potter makes me want to puke


"The pain of the artist", I can assure you, is an all too real thing where RSI is concerned. Just holding the pencil is painful, I don't even need to be doing anything with it. I wouldn't mind so much if I was actually successful at what I do, but I am not, so if I stop drawing it inconveniences nobody - I have to continue drawing to inconvenience people by flooding their inboxes with news on blog updates that turn out to be screen grabs of something random and me waffling about something daft, like the woman in the Job Center telling me it must be great to be catholic because "you don't dress up for Church, you can just go looking like whatever but we have to dress up for it" (the only objection I can remember making about this was pointing out that Catholics don't call it Church, we call it Chapel) and it seems I've fulfilled my waffle quotient for this post already with that gem. The blog's gain is Twitter's loss.
The holiday's over, at any rate - time to get back to working and posting...

No comments:

Post a Comment