Friday 2 December 2016

I'm not cynical, I just know that people are terrible

Been out to watch that there Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, aka "Harry Notter", and like the tail end of the Potter movie series, this wasn't for me.  The world it inhabits makes no sense, and yes, I do know I am talking about a fictional reality wherein literally everything is the result of the actions of a wizard - but even so, when the film tells you that wizards hid themselves from humans by creating living stormclouds of rampaging murderous destruction "that would occasionally get out and cause havok", it's not unreasonable to ask how or why they thought this would aid them in their endeavors.  When one character - supposed to be evil - asks whom their magical apartheid serves, it's actually a pretty reasonable question that's never really answered by the film/franchise's own internal logic, and eventually I just had to accept that whoever this was aimed at, it wasn't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment