Wednesday 1 July 2009

Wednesday 3rd July 2009


Hmm... Trying to break out of my comfort zone and learn to draw new things on demand, I'm beginning to think I've bitten off more than I can chew with a short story for FutureQuake Press about a time-traveller trying to destroy organised religion, as by page three I have to draw Abu ‘Ali Mansur Tāriqu l-Ḥākim, who's an 11th century caliph and imam, and it only occurred to me while thumbnailing the pages and seeking out reference that some things - such as devout muslim leaders who discourage the creation of images of their likeness - might be hard to find visual reference for, as might the Church of the Holy Sepulchre before it was destroyed in the 11th century. Ah well - this must be where that 'imagination' thing I've read about comes into play, but I don't think it'll catch on.

Watching: the season of ATHF I didn't realise had just been shown - hurrah!
Reading: Power Pack Classic, Captain America
Playing: Sudoku, Fallout 3

No comments:

Post a Comment