Thursday 26 April 2012

I think crystal meth may be clouding your judgment

Looks like I'm back to posting Frank to fill blog entries for days when Vista won't play ball (weekdays) or when I haven't got any work done (also weekdays), though you can whistle for coloured pages, ladies, as I've learned my lesson there.  A pity I did not learn lessons about anatomy while I was at it, or as an art scout helpfully offered: "the breasts are too small and none of those men have guns."   Then he went on to complain that he could tell what was happening, and that not enough of the corpses looked like his mum.  Not that I'm bitter.

Watching:
Robocop 2.  AGAIN.  I have this crazy notion in my head that for all its nasty, brutal idiocy, Robocop 2 is a perfect sequel to what started in Robocop 1.  Robocop 1 was about corporate America, Robocop 2 is about consumer America, and Robocop 3 is about Robocop in a jetpack, which is a bit like giving a shark a machine gun: it's awesome, certainly, but why does he need that?  Or possibly Robocop 3 is about the faceless, greedy consuming and corporate rabble of the first two movies being real people with families and communities and not just the punchline in an ever-more-violent movie joke, with the quote that sums everything up arguably being "It's like the fall of Rome around here" in much the same way Robocop 2 could be summed up by "Neighborhoods are where bad things happen" and Robocop 1 with "I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Or maybe Robocop 2 is just a movie made by people with a very low opinion of America... I'm not sure - perhaps that's why I'm watching it again.  It tasks me.

No comments:

Post a Comment