Tuesday 19 June 2012

If you don't jump on top of this, I'm breaking out my birthday money and making it rain

Now I remember why I hate drawing Batman.

Nowt much doing at the moment.  Been on a detective tv show binge as I burn my way through Magnum PI's fifth season, Psych (which I am convinced has been carbon-copied by the BBC's Sherlock), Longmire, some episodes of Dirk Gently that had been languishing on my PS3 awaiting my clearing them off so I could install Lollipop Chainsaw, and Australia's Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, which is an adaptation of the novel series and a timely reminder why we have internet piracy.
The latter is a pretty decent adaptation of the novels, though it's been years since I've read Cocaine Blues so I'm not sure if main character Phryne was always quite so Sue-ish, but her Great War backstory remains largely intact, which I thought brave as it ultimately paints her in a less flattering light down the line if they follow through with showing all of it, particularly her PTSD years in Paris.  Worth a gander if you like your period detective yarns with a bit of sexual enlightenment, but if not it's a gun-toting flapper in 1930s Australia solving murders and shagging anything that moves, what's not to like about that premise?

No comments:

Post a Comment