Wednesday 27 May 2009

The slow march of progress...


Lazy day today. Not much done in terms of creative output, as for some reason I ended up finishing off the colouring on some pages from Turbo Katie, a deliberately generic superhero comic I took to drawing a year or so back to keep myself amused while I learned to draw worth a damn. There are some clumsy layouts and poor inking in evidence, but I suppose you at least know what you're looking at and can tell the characters apart.

The art is variable from page to page, but it's good to see progression from then to now - I seriously didn't have a clue starting out how to write or draw a comic, but I'm slowly getting there with practice. My ethnic characters, at least, are finally looking less like racist caricatures, and to my mind that's a pretty big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment