Wednesday 19 January 2011

If there's one thing we've learned in the last thousand miles of retreat it's that Russian agriculture is in dire need of mechanisation


This whole 'page a day' thing hasn't worked out as I'd hoped, though in my defence it's hard to draw when some fucker's made off with your heating oil and it's so cold you can't feel your hands.
When I went out this morning the unheated communal hall is actually warmer than my flat as it has a couple of windows that face the sun, while the flat only has windows facing north and west.
It is a stupid confluence of this, some unfortunate family business, and the free babysitting and grocery delivery I represent as an unemployed scumbag that's stopped me getting up to the speed I want, but we Catholics have a 'never say die' attitude that sees us never resign ourselves to unfortunate circumstances... oh, haha, sorry - I was confusing us with a more sensible worldview for a minute there. We're the ones that have a Nazi - an actual Nazi - as the leader of our religion and it don't worry us none.

No comments:

Post a Comment