Saturday 1 May 2010


I'm back to drawing my own comicy stuff for the first time in months, and I'm struck by how overly-talky and badly laid-out it all is. Clearly there are lessons not yet learned - or learned only recently. Something like that.

Been to see Iron Man 2 tonight - liked it, but not sure what the rest of the world will make of it. It seems a little more scatological than might be expected, possessed of some pretty odd logic leaps, a largely pointless Black Widow appearance and probably too much self-referencing, though I liked that its self-awareness extended beyond lampshade hanging into a genuine sense of the absurd, like Iron Man and Black Widow hanging out in a donut store and the Iron Man-themed cheerleaders/chorus line. Probably could have done with a more substantial fight to finish up, but all in all it's an enjoyable enough romp, even if it does feel a bit too much like Robocop 2 near the end - not that this is that big a deal for me as I re-watched Robo2 recently and quite enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment