Monday 24 May 2010



I've just rewatched the final episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion - by which I mean I've just watched the final episode of Lost, and I was a wee bit disappointed by the get-out for the sideways reality, revealed as it was to be a purgatorial holding area for the characters, and I probably shouldn't have laughed quite as much as I did at my brother's comment that the final battle between Jack and the Man In Black was basically the climax of The Search For Spock. The final shot was also easy to spot well in advance if only because it's been ripped off so many times now it's become a virtual parody in and of itself.
Still, it was... well, it's over. On that level, it at least serves its purpose as a finale, but as a capstone on expectations built up over the last six years, it falls a little short.

No comments:

Post a Comment