Sunday 9 May 2010


Settling in with manga Studio now. Still a bit unsure how to do a lot of stuff, but it took me years to get to grips with Photoshop, and I only recently figured out you could change the size of your brush tip in PS by using the [ ] buttons, which would have been handy to know a while ago. I do miss being able to rustle up straight lines with the brush by holding down the shift key, but I see that MS has a handy alternative by letting you use the line tool on the same layer you're currently using, whereas in PS using the line tool creates a line on a separate layer each time you use it, which has its benefits when you want to do criss-crossing bars or more complex background details.
I still mostly stick to the pen and brush tools, but the eraser tool needs a looking at - the shape of the cursor obscures the actual area that's being erased, and you can't change it to a basic crosshair by pushing the caps lock button, a feature in PS that could have been utilised here quite easily.
All in all, MS was an eventually nice holiday from my usual working practices, but it's back to the Photoshop grindstone tomorrow - the GN beckons.

Still hate Manga Studio on principle, of course. I dislike having to admit I'm wrong.

Watching: The Bridge, The Pacific, Robocop: the Series, Quatermass and the Pit, Miami Medical, UFO

No comments:

Post a Comment