Tuesday 19 April 2011

You’re my children and I love you but you’re all terrible at what you do and I feel like I should tell you - I would fire you if I could


My Depressing Tuesday song was going to be Johnny Cash's Ain't No Grave (Can Hold My Body Down), but I thought it would be inappropriate if I did so after mentioning the death of Elizabeth Sladen, TV's Sarah Jane Smith: 1 February 1948 – 19 April 2011 - not a bad run, I guess, and she's survived and remembered fondly, but still a shame.
I always preferred Sarah Jane Adventures to Doctor Who, and on my first forays onto the internet I encountered a few like-minded nerds who liked bad 90s action movies and terrible sci-fi films made for twenty pence in a quarry but who were also into Who and had actually met her in person - this being before she resurfaced in the current franchise of Doctor Who and was appearing at old-school Who conventions - and the consensus was that she was a lovely, approachable and outgoing woman, which is probably worth noting given how most stories of meeting minor celebrities tend to be about how unpleasant the experience was for someone or other. I did not hear a bad word said.

No comments:

Post a Comment