Friday 17 December 2010

This match will determine once and for all which nation is the greatest on earth - Mexico or Portugal!


Tried a new method of working: quick but unsatisfyingly sketchy, so that's the end of that. Haha I'm so anal and OCD and I take forever and that's why I drink and oh dear I have made myself sad.

Christmas telly doesn't seem too appealing, apart from the occasional oddity like the Dirk Gently telly show made by the dude behind juvenile C4 offering Misfits - and as a mix I can't decide if that sounds awesome or horrific - and the latest remake of MR James' "Oh, Whistle and I'll Come To You" just to help reinforce that the BBC's creative bankruptcy is alive and well and thoroughly middle class. The latter has John Hurt so at least there's that element of it that shall be reliable, though in fairness, it needs to be pointed out that Hurt also starred in V For Vendetta, a movie whose gutless political agenda allows the word 'gay' to be reclaimed as a pejorative term, and his presence - while always welcome - is no guarantee of a product's quality. Well, sometimes...
Anyhoo, I'd be lying if I said I shan't be watching the latest version, though if you have thirty minutes spare, you could do worse than check out the original:


No comments:

Post a Comment